South Cerney, Cotswold Water Park, Nr Cirencester, Gloucestershire, UK
Salary of £30-35k + benefits | 40 flexible hours per week | 30 days holiday + bank holidays
Quick Summary: Does this Role Sound Right for You?
We are looking for a new team member that has solid B2B marketing experience, ideally in a technical world, someone who gets passionate about utilising the breadth of marketing opportunity. We are a small but growing team of marketers, we love to share knowledge and look to progress. We each manage our own workload but work closely where needed, including internal creative, digital, copywriting and development. If the customer is doing something positive for society or for the planet it is right up our street. Tackling the technical element of our customers solutions is seen as an enjoyable challenge.
Sound like your cup of tea? Please read on…
Introducing Motion Marketing – a Full-Service Agency
We are a growing B2B agency focused on the technology fields of manufacturing, engineering and IT. For many of our clients we act as their marketing department, delivering a strategy down full-service partnership to support their growth and build their brand value. As well as SME clients we also work with global technical brands delivering distinct campaigns and services. Our message “we talk your customer’s language” reflects our commitment to grasping the technical details of our clients offering, in order to ensure that our marketing not only looks top quality but perfectly nails the messaging and strategy.
Motion operate out of the UK and Sweden but also have clients based in other countries such as Iceland, France, Malaysia, Belgium, Switzerland and more – we love the multi-cultural element.
Founded in 2015, with initial creative and digital foundations put in place we hit Covid-19 during a growth spurt. While growth certainly was affected initially, we are certainly now in full swing again, our niche focus has ensured strong results and the coming period is an exciting phase in our development. Motion is part of a larger group that embrace enjoying our work and going about it ethically.
Our Agency Values
An Integrated Approach
While we do offer point services for larger clients, Motion aim for a strategic understanding of all our clients, such that our activities are always driving the success of their business.
A Team Delivering
This is no micro-management agency. We aim to support each other and build on each other’s strengths with a get the job done focus. We enjoy a very low client turnover rate, as they often see us as part of their team.
Ethics and Sharing
Motion aim to work with ethical clients and perform our work responsibly. We also aim to share our success with our employees (there are 2 team gatherings/trips per year) and to devote some time and money to worthy causes.
The Marketing Consultant Role
Motion have enjoyed success recently both due to growth in our existing clients and winning new client business. This has generated an opportunity for a marketing professional to join our team, managing client relationships and delivering marketing value.
The role of Marketing Consultant involves a commitment to ongoing engagement with our clients, getting under the skin of their markets and understanding how they can gain competitive advantage. Working with them to build a marketing plan that could include visual and strategic brand development, new and updated websites, exhibitions and events, online and offline campaigns, sales collateral creation, social media / SEM and more. Delivering on those plans means teaming up with our internal digital, creative and content colleagues, writing briefs, managing delivery and managing client budgets. There will also be some content work to do such as drafting web pages and writing blogs. You will always have the support of one of the senior team, helping on client work and your career progression.
- To deal with existing and new clients, having regular communication, understanding and managing their expectations, understanding their business, it’s opportunities and threats.
- Partnering with clients to develop an effective marketing strategy and advise them on how to utilise their budget effectively.
- Identify new opportunities with customers to progress their marketing and deliver them results across the marketing mix.
- Plan, drive and manage integrated customer campaigns utilising the portfolio of Motion Marketing services and resources available.
- Monitor and report progress on campaigns / projects, identifying where intervention is necessary and taking action or seeking guidance from team specialists as appropriate.
- Collaborate with and support the senior marketing consultants on strategic accounts, managing creation and delivery.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, well-structured strong communicator, that would thrive in a fast-paced but fun environment, involving all areas of the marketing mix. You are likely to have come from a marketing background with a technical emphasis, an agency business with technical clients, or a technical background with marketing experience.
You will share our passion for driving our clients businesses forward and for succeeding as a team. We’re interested in getting under the skin of our customers offerings, enjoying the research, embracing their markets and their differentiators.
Essential skills / experience:
- Solid marketing experience in a technical and/or B2B environment.
- Ability to grasp clients business drivers and markets, delivering strategic value into their business
- Ability to confidently interact with people on both marketing and technical issues, and to build lasting effective professional relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail, with good analytical and creative skills.
- Ability to balance a wide range of tasks, and work in a sometimes pressurised environment, with strong project management skills and systems use.
- An ability to work directly with creative and digital teams.
- A self-motivated approach, as well as an enjoyment of working in teams.
- Ability to create content both written and visual.
Desirable skills / experience:
- CIM qualifications or other evidence of self-progression within marketing.
- Lead generation campaign experience where ROI was highly considered.
- Driven CRM / marketing automation use in a business.
Office Location & Company Benefits
We are located in South Cerney, the Cotswold Water Park, an easy commutable distance to Cheltenham, Cirencester and Swindon, and reachable from Bristol and Oxford. We have always tended to work Monday’s and Friday’s from home and base ourselves in the office from Tuesday to Thursday, but ultimately try to give the environment that delivers the best working environment for the team. We have always been big users of video conferencing internally and with customers. Additional benefits include pension, private healthcare and company events.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter, which states your salary expectations, to email@example.com.
Get in Touch
At Motion Marketing we specialise in the Technology, Manufacturing and Engineering sectors. We speak your language and can work with you as a strategic partner or focus on specific areas.